George Jardine, former Adobe Lightroom Evangelist, writes about Library Folder Organisation and does it matter?
Archive for the ‘George Jardine’ Category
As ever with a new release of Lightroom there are plenty of video tutorials around, some are here already and some are coming shortly.
Luminous Landscape, one of the sites that has consistently produced a full video series for each release of Lightroom, now has an updated set for Lightroom 4. This is in the usual format, where Michael Reichman and Jeff Schewe give the viewer a more homespun (but very in-depth guide to the new release). Currently available for $59.95 (the price will change when the series is complete). This combo release contains a New User series and an Advanced series.
Laura Shoe has produced 10.5 hours of content for her Lightroom 4: Fundamentals and Beyond tutorials. These are available for $49.95 or ($57.95 for the DVD).
George Jardine the original Adobe Lightroom evangelist produces very high quality videos as can be seen by his previous Lightroom 3 Library, Develop, Camera Raw and Photoshop Integration video sets. He will shortly be releasing some for Lightroom 4. Keep an eye on his site!
Lightroom Journal also have a great list of resources and some of these include video tutorials
I will update further as I hear of new video tutorials
George Jardine, one of the original Lightroom evangelists, has added a new set of videos to his growing collection of video tutorials. George started with 15 video tutorials explaining Lightroom Library Workflow, then followed with 15 Develop Module Tutorials. He has now added 15 Camera Raw Tutorials.
The new tutorials cover some of the same ground as the Lightroom Develop Module videos, but explain the different workflow required in Photoshop and Adobe Camera Raw. To that end users who have purchased the Develop Module videos can email George for a special price.
For new users the 6 hours of video are available for $34.95 and cover the following topics:
- 1 The Camera Raw Plug-In Overview – 17:14
2 Plug-In Navigation Basics and Cropping – 25:51
3 The Basic Panel – White Balance – 28:13
4 The Basic Panel – Tone Controls – 28:45
5 The Basic Tab – Presence Controls – 13:58
6 The Tone Curve – 30:37
7 The Detail Controls – 44:34
8 The HSL Controls – 14:05
9 The Black & White and Split Toning Controls – 31:20
10 The Lens Correction Controls – 23:45
11 The Effects Controls – 13:43
12 The Camera Calibration Controls and ACR Defaults – 25:41
13 Presets, Snapshots, and Workflow Options – 32:03
14 The Localized Corrections – 28:58
15 Working with Multiple Images, RGB Images, and the ACR Preferences – 24:40
Following on from his recent Library module videos, George Jardine, the original Adobe Lightroom Evangelist, has released the second set of videos.
This time these concentrate on the Develop Module, the ‘darkroom’ of Lightroom!
The topics covered are:
- Develop Module Overview – 21:53
- The Crop Tool – 18:09
- The Basic Panel – White Balance – 21:47
- The Basic Panel – Tone Controls – 23:36
- The Basic Panel – Presence Controls – 12:47
- The Tone Curve Panel – 20:57
- The Hue, Saturation and Luminance Panel – 13:25
- The Black & White Controls and The Split Toning Panel – 16:35
- The Detail Panel – Lightroom’s New Sharpening Controls – 36:04
- The Lens Correction Panel – 21:22
- The Effects Panel – 13:42
- The Camera Calibration Panel – 22:41
- Localized Corrections – 27:46
- The Synchronize Command – 8:59
- The Presets, Snapshots and History Panels – 21:26
A sample movie of ‘The Hue, Saturation and Luminance Panel’ is available on George’s blog
The videos cost $24.95 to view online and will be available shortly for iPhone and iPad viewing.
Once you have bought them it is a quick process before you will no doubt hear the familiar, “Alright” that signifies another great tutorial from George.
For those of you who have been using Lightroom since day 0, the name George Jardine has been synonymous with the product. A former Photography Evangelist for Adobe, the produced the series of podcasts which can still be found on the iTunes Store. Offering insights, interviews, tutorials and more, these Podcasts offered a fascinating view of the birth and early years of Lightroom Development.
George, after a long absence, has returned to Lightroom broadcasting with a new set of video tutorials. Entitled “New Adobe Lightroom 3 Video Workshop: 15 Tutorials on the Lightroom Library Workflow and Digital Photo Library Management” these tutorials offer 4 1/2 hours of Lightroom education.
The list of contents is as follows:
- Photo Library Structure – 10:49
- The Lightroom Catalog Overview – 6:23
- The Lightroom User Interface – 15:21
- The Pro Workflow Overview – 32:50
- The Lightroom Import Dialog – 14:15
- The Library Module – Part 1 – 23:42
- The Library Module – Part 2 – 25:21
- Keywords & Metadata – 19:57
- File Renaming – 18:54
- Editing Methods in Lightroom 3 – 23:35
- The Lightroom Filter Bar – 12:29
- Virtual Copies – 9:16
- The Export Dialog & Publish Services – 13:35
- The Lightroom to Photoshop Workflow – 17:09
- Digital Photo Library Backup Strategies – 16:43
- Working With Multiple Lightroom Catalogs – 20:15
Note these videos only cover Import, Workflow and Asset Management. More covering the Develop Module are coming soon.
They are available for $29.95 and are sure to be well worth the money.